Friday, August 26, 2011

Gearing up for the weekend

Wake up, go the gym, work or go to practice, sleep, repeat. That is how the past few days have been and that's the way it looks like it will be for the remainder of my stay. The past few days have been pretty quiet with nothing too crazy going on. I will be starting my first official night on the floor at work tonight and I am pretty excited. What I am not excited about is the closing time which, on the weekends, is at 4 a.m. Given that I have a rugby game tomorrow, I am petitioning to get out first so that I can have a bit of rest before I go play my hardest game so far. Looking at the date, I realize I'm about halfway through with my adventure here in Cape Town. It truly seems like yesterday when I was asking where the bus to the City Bowl District was. I am looking forward to what I will be doing in the next three weeks but, at times, more excited about coming home. Seeing my family again, walking into the apartment and having it smell like Mom's amazing cooking, the super-tight hugs my sister always gives before I leave for anywhere, being able to "slam" my little brother into the bed for no reason other than because I can, the little things in life that make you appreciate what you really have. Take today and thank those closest to you for being by your side. That's all for today.

Cheers,

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment