Sunday, August 28, 2011

Three games down, three to go

With my stay halfway over, this is what I have learned so far:


  • Look the opposite way when crossing the street
  • Lions do not just walk about randomly
  • Nor do giraffes
  • Nor do hyenas
We lost a hard game yesterday and the proof is showing up on my body via purple and blue splotches. Yet with each game that ends, another week of preparation for the next one begins. My first official night at work was quite kif(cool). During the week, Cubanas is a nice lounge where you can relax and unwind. It changes into a different venue come the weekend. DJs, flashing lights, beautiful people all seem to come out of the woodwork and party late into the night. I was given a two table section just so that I could show management that I know how to ask what people want to drink and/or eat. As the night progressed, I found myself wanting to stop working and start dancing. I'm excited for tonight's shift although I'm pretty sure it should be a bit more chilled than Friday. I'll try and put together a more detailed post about the game but until then, I'm all out of words to...

No comments:

Post a Comment